Thursday, October 19, 2017

bit

It has been a week and a half, and the poison ivy is finally healing up some... while still (yes, still) showing up new spots in between the old ones.  I am apparently very lucky this way.. well, rare, I wouldn't say lucky.

Anyway.

Drinking coconut milk in coffee with the cream in it is like drinking swiss cheese.  Mark asks if that is a good thing.  Yes, it is.  I'm still losing weight on the near ketogenic diet, even with cheating once in a while there.  I threw in a banana the last few days - sugar and starch - because I wanted the vitamins above and beyond the one a day I'm taking. 

Esme and I finished reading A Wrinkle in Time.  We've started The Sixty Eight Rooms (about the Thorne rooms at the Art Institute in Chicago). 

Not much else to report.  The chickens still have not laid more eggs - but I got a dozen from a coworker's chickens in the meantime.  They have finally stopped eating every shred of food I put out there before I refill it in the morning.  That's a good sign, right?

Still have to look at making the cape for Esme.  I will probably use the pattern I have from her Kangaroo Girl cape from long ago.  Welsh is affecting my spelling.. I want to write everything 'phonetically' and by that I mean phonetically in Welsh.

I also want a t-shirt with a Welsh saying on it, but looks like I'll need to CafePress it. 

No comments: