Thursday, November 14, 2013

days fly by

and the coughing hangs on...which bruised my ribs some yesterday and I am paying the price for it.  I don't have much crafting to report since the dragon puppet - I need to work on that pattern some more, need to make Esme a few more pairs of pants out of fabric I have, need to finish a second slipper sock for her...have that blanket I was working on that is stalled in halfway.

Esme and I talked this morning about the Christmas List she should write in a week or so - two or three items to 'ask' for.. like the spaceship and the giraffe last year.. and Santa will do his best to make something like it happen.  I told her I would also like her to think about what she would like to give Grandma this year, and Daddy.. and maybe buy something to give to the toy donation box for a child who will not get a toy this year.  I want to curb that 'greedy' I saw at her birthday, where she suddenly thought she was getting everything she ever wanted so she just had to keep sassily asking 'Hey, where is my toy?', 'Hey, why isn't there a cartoon on for me?' etc etc...  I showed her the typhoon victims, and a few other things that happened here in the U.S. (sinkhole house), and a few good things, like a baby rescued, and some informational videos mixed in about how things are made, how they saved a man from freezing water... those have been her topics in the morning instead of 'hey where is my cartoon'.  I see an effect, at least for now.  I want her heart to continue to grow with the rest of her body :) inside... and she seems to have taken another good look at how many toys she really has, and how much food and warm things she really has...

Nova dog also had ten puppies again today.  We knew she was 'along' again, but it was Mark's decision and he decided he wanted to see these puppies.  There are three this time that look like Daphne and Sweetie, and two more brown shade speckled... that is more 'speckled' than she has ever had at once.  That was the type of dog he was going for - speckled coat, blue eye/s and usually the brains come with that.  I do see much more 'brain' quality in these dogs we have than I ever have seen in others - they listen, they think, they tell you things... and they also go barking after squirrels at three in the morning howling their heads off.. but it is a different breed of coonhound than their mother is, that is for certain.  They have ideas, and so far the ones we have think pretty well as a team, in a very good way.

I am about to call into work to give my ribs another day to heal.  I slept on an icepack for a few hours last night and took ibuprofen... it stopped the 'pain like contractions every time I breathe' type pain... but it still feels like someone rammed me in the side of the ribs with knuckles... sore area, feel it when I cough just wrong or twist just wrong, or press on it.  Good news is that sounds like a bruise, not a fracture.  I'll probably get in trouble calling in for it but I was told yesterday that being there in pain like that was not good for anyone either... I looked like the death and like I was mad at the world... one of my grandmotherly friends there (who always is happy to talk to Esme and has good advice often) said she would hit me right in the ribs (nicely) if I came back in saying it was 'not so bad'... so I would go home and rest.  Nice.  Ha.  Well, at least she cares enough to tell the truth.

No comments: