Friday, June 14, 2013

Working ahead

Another dress for the school clothes.. the puppy has already put a hole in one sleeve but I think I can turn them under a notch and hide it.  I have some blue fabric that is set aside for another dress and then scrounge in my crates for some more to make pants out of.  Back to work today - vacation starts on the 17th.  After I had finished this and was putting the zipper in Esme inspected it and said 'Ok, now you make one for my baby from I grow up, ok?  Do that.'  Daddy and I told her she could make her own dresses for her babies when she grew up - which was a long time from now.. but she wasn't happy with that.  It takes a 'long time' and that is not something she likes now.  We watched Harry Potter again and I think she still has a false sense of how fast things should grow up.  She told me in the kitchen that plants grow up 'like this' (get down on floor and spring up).  And puppies grow up, but slowly... it takes a long time.  And then I asked her about how fast she grows up.. she said 'just a little bit.. a tiny bit.' 

She did get in trouble for doing headstands on our bed and knocking coffee out of my hands and all onto the blankets yesterday... we were just about to watch the movie and she was over-excited.  I rarely yell harshly at her but warm coffee (luckily not hot) on me, blankets and a notepad I was writing in did get my tone of voice where she was hurt by it even after apologizing.  She stalked off and took a nap in her bed for an hour. That was for the best, as when I got her back up and made food she was in a fairly good mood all night.. ate most of her dinner, played Minecraft, watched the movie off and on and then kissed and hugged me goodnight early and bopped off to bed with her Mr.Frog to feed him his bug dinner before sleep.

dress alterations: shortened skirt from last one, added pocket, shorter sleeves, split only back and side pieces and did not use front skirt piece.  Gathered one 'back and side' skirt across the front, split the other and gathered it across each back bodice.  This method worked really well last year and it still gives plenty of room without the 'gown' look of the full skirt.

No comments: