Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Back to work

Back to work.. *sigh*...  It would be better if I could just serve my customers and not worry about political / numbers type tracking.  Esme has become a little more grown up during this week - doing more for herself, able to take herself outside and be loud instead of running around the house madcap (usually...)  I've heard her language improve quite a bit - used someone's name at work, told me that 'herbivores have flat teeth and carnivores have sharp teeth' and her theories are getting a bit more complete.  But still, she is five and it is the difficult and still 'flip floppy' line between 'play with me all the time all the time' and 'I have things to do, make them happen.'...  but it is nice to see the 'maybe I can make that happen' switchover happen sometimes... and I am giving her more room and encouragement to do those.

On the last day of vacation we put some things in order in the house, dressers in place, bulletin board on a wall -- got rid of some old clothes and cut down others for garden use..  I will try to trend in that direction more as we go.  I was impressed by the Singer Heavy Duty's being able to put seams in tshirts if I went slow.  I cut the backs down the middle of several shirts and sewed them back together with less room in the waist (as I need much less than they were offering) while keeping the shoulders wide.  I cut some of the necks down and seamed the edge over so they will be tank tops, and cut the sleeves off and seamed them over.    I have one more to cut down will try to take some pictures of the process as I do think it is fairly cool and useful!

No comments: