Saturday, June 29, 2013

remember

Yesterday morning in the kitchen - Esme wakes up and has another one of her theories.. children should not eat things that make them throw up, like broccoli, no, we should not feed them those things because then they will not grow up... it continued to what she DID want for breakfast, since broccoli was not on the menu - and then she said she did not want to grow up, she wanted to stay like a kid, and play - and she should not have a breakfast that makes her grow up (she is still obsessed with this idea from the Sims game that at some unknown moment you will just 'swirl around' in a poof of flower dust and grow up.. she wants it immediately some days, and wants to hold back from it forever other days.. typical 'human philosopher' feelings but they are brand new for her and I am glad she is telling me about them now - I can see her brain work so much more.)  I assured her a breakfast of an orange and some animal crackers, along with some juice sounded like a good breakfast and it would take a LONG time for her to grow up - definitely another school year... she said 'ok'... the pink rash on her face is going away - might have been sunburn or poison ivy, I'm just glad it is gone.  I react so strongly to poison ivy (or have in the past) that when I see any signs of 'might be' I get on guard.. Mark told me it didn't look like anything serious, and he was right - but I still needed to check her face every time she got up or I came back from work just to make sure.  She still had a face, Mark said - with mud on it.. ha.

No comments: