Thursday, May 16, 2013

Stomach stuff bag turtle toy

Esme asked if I could make this toy she saw in a TV commercial.  I haven't gotten his shell made yet, but she is downstairs playing with him 'eating all the toys' already.  I still need to do the embroidery on his 'hands' as well... but that will take a while to do.  I designed him so that he could at least eat the zebra blanket from her bed, but definitely not what I was sure the commercial items had in them that would allow them to eat a LOT of things... he is just a toy with a bag in it, like the whale I wanted to make once and might still make.



We also went to the park today, fed some ducks and played with another girl.  We had ice cream sundaes and played in the garden some.  She has had a pretty good day - we both got some sun.  I planted the Japonica striped corn and the whipporwill peas today. 

Yesterday planted : (had a clearing out of every seed packet that I thought might grow... )
Smoke signals corn
Hutterite beans
Kenearly beans
columbine, gypsophilia (baby's breath)
african daisies, gloriosa daisies, gallairdia
marigolds, small and crackerjack type
chives
pyrethrin robinson's red chrysanthemum (painted daisies)
lettuce (2 types)
salvia, pansies, snapdragon, campanula bells,  hollyhocks
shackamaxon beans, wax beans (dragons lingerie and golden wax)
pink hopi corn
coleus
shirley corn poppies
cushaw squash
connecticut field pumpkins
king of the early beans (I thought these had to be them.. hope so)

Still have to do :
more corn experiment if I can find room..
transplant the cotton plants outside
plant the pink evening primrose I got in the mail
get the transplant tomatoes large enough to go outside

No comments: