Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pink star jacket - McCalls 8005 circa 1960s

I cut this jacket out a few weeks ago while we were at the library.  I finally got onto it today and finished it a little while ago.  The embroidery on the back is something I had cut out long ago and had not finished - it was perfect for this as I had accidentally made a black line down the center of the back piece in the middle before I knew it!

She said she liked to wear this jacket a long time, it is really comfortable, and she likes that I made it for her to stay warm in all the wind outside.  Those are very good words for her :)  Every day lately Mark and I look at each other and know her language has improved - full sentences, new concepts she gets from tv or computer that we understand what she means without having seen it, repeating names she has heard that are difficult but I do usually understand them.  She is also comparing words that are 'similar' like 'Brady' and 'braided' and knowing they are sounding the same.  She has said that things sound like other things, and said she has heard or smelled something and described it - which I cannot remember hearing much of before.  And all the theories she is coming up with lately are interesting, too.. so many of them - families, protecting each other in storms or when the lights are off or what will happen when I am finished with my computer or sewing machine etc etc...  She saw the news on Grandma's tv and told me it was a bad commercial - a tornatdo commercial, and the playground was in trash and needed help.  She has also told me that things on tv are 'just new', not real... so we have learned the word 'imaginary' or 'just a story'...but that the news really happened somewhere.  She asked 'In Texas?'  Well, the last tornado she saw was in Texas, so I understand that...


pattern used: McCalls 8005, houserobe pattern copyright 1965 size 6

No comments: