Tuesday, May 07, 2013

bits

I was trying on a pair of jeans and Esme said 'You are another people!' (You look like a different person).  And there were other sentences she usually uses - like 'I want to watching the cakes', for 'I want to look at the cakes' at the grocery store.  I tried to get her to buy another t-shirt for school coming up but she talked me into bracelets with tags on them that she said were her puppy tags.  She had focused on a t-shirt in the adult section that was barely there fabric wise and way too big even for me - so I could not get her to find a girl size one... try again another day.  She wanted to play with a fishing lure Mark bought that looks like a frog  and/or a squid.. she kept flipping it upside down and saying 'ribbit ribbit now I have a dress!' because there were fringy bits that hung off the top.  I looked at Mark and said 'we have a little girl... undoubtedly, how did that happen?'  He replied 'Cane that way from the factory.'  We went to fish at the lake and Esme said a lot to us about the fish we caught and the fishing poles and about the mess of mud she had gotten herself into.  Esme had to touch a fish - out of the three small largemouthed bass I caught.  She had a thorough bath after that before bed, washing her hair for school tomorrow.

Earlier this morning, Mark gave away two puppies at the flea market and now we have eight.   Mark also picked up two large oak dressers with butcher block type tops.  They had some marks inside the drawers and I was glueing down some kraft paper inside of them.  There is also a mirror that we are thinking to put in Esme's room above one of the dresser banks and the other one up in our area of the house.



Esme this morning: I am not a good fish catcher one. (I am not a good fisherman). But Mom is a good fish catcher one.  And I screwed up Daddy's fishing rod.. I am not a good fish catcher one.  It takes a long time.

As we get ready for school:  The little school is for little kids and the big school is for little girls and BIG humans, too (the ceiling was very tall).  This is the little school with the red bricks.  (I told her about graduation and all the teachers having to say goodbye in the next few weeks, and the teachers having to get ready at the big school for all the children.  She asked about her test, what it was.  I told her all the children had to pass the test - (little kids and big kids?)  Yes - all the children, and it takes a long time, and then the teachers will be ready for the big school to open for everyone.

In the car on the way to school:   Is the car in the water?  (What?) The car that got lost, in water, did the mans built it and could not get it?  (The Neon car last year that was lost in the Duluth flood).  Yes, we couldn't get it out and it was ruined.//  Did the mans build this car for us? (We had this car then, too.  Yes, people build cars and Daddy bought this one a long time ago at a store that sells cars.)  And they built this (hook in ceiling) for all of us to hang tight?  And toys can go in there, too? (The hanger hook in the back ceiling that dry cleaning can be hung on).  Um.. yes.  She has stuck her little figures up there often so she doesn't lose them.

No comments: