Saturday, May 21, 2011

Farm then flu


Stormy, the miniature horse, showing off




Esme with Mary-Ann
being shown how to feed the donkeys bread



Esme feeding donkeys



Mary-Ann said these were Jerusalem donkeys,
named that for the 'cross' pattern on their back



There were eleven, total...
many of them had been taken on from
one lady who had kept them until she had died.
She had fed them peanut butter sandwiches every day.
Mark said he knows these kind of donkeys can live 40 to 50 years each.



The alpacas were new acquisitions and they are still skittish. Esme had called them 'big bunny rabbits' at first

We took Esme to a farm of an acquaintance who rescues donkeys and horses. Esme really loved seeing all the animals and was very good and listened to the lady. We took some pictures and will get them up later. However, perhaps from the hot chicken house or just from not having coffee for the morning (it was a long drive, and it was hot out), I had a terrible night after we got home. Altogether, it feels like the flu. Esme crashed early yesterday, as well - and woke in the middle of the night. She seems to be doing better, probably within normal for her. I still feel pretty awful but nowhere near as bad as about eight last night - when I am glad there was a bucket nearby!

I've called into work today, which I never do... and will hope the rest of this goes away. Esme did let me sleep longer this morning, after she got back to sleep at 4. I still feel like I could sleep another few hours!


A pretty magnolia

No comments: