Wednesday, May 25, 2011

bits and green leaf dress


Esme called it the 'all green leafs, no flowers' dress
fabric from Mockingbird Threadworks, Huntingdon, TN
Timeless Treasures owls collection


This is the first non-pants item I've made her in months. This is the dress that was supposed to be a sleeveless 'sun' dress type.. but I miscut the facings and had already sewn them on. It looks okay as a short sleeved item, and she likes wearing it, so it isn't too thick at the seams. I also shortchanged the zipper sewing on it.... probably will need to be cut apart and redone in 3 to 6 months.


Jump!



Two jumps (actually meaning, you come jump too!)


bit of a run by post with pictures of the 'green leafs' dress I made for Esme this weekend. I'll update it with more text later on in the day. I have two days off now, Friday 'on', and then the weekend off. That is a big thing, a mini-vacation of sorts. I'll get my real vacation (5 days in a row) in early June... I forget when, about the 6th or 9th. Time isn't my forté, especially when there isn't enough of it.

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

The dress is beautiful, and the action shots are great.

Any plans (around home or otherwise) for your mini or "real" vacation?