Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow again


Snow in 2011


It snowed again, and it is still stuck today. I was almost stuck yesterday, but a neighbor got the vehicle up the hills and Mark didn't need to come fetch me in the freezing temperatures. I have today off and we have mostly stayed inside. It is noon now, and Mark says he was thinking about going to town... not sure about that!


closeup of ice crystals



Suki in the snow


I was taking pictures and heard a very loud meowing - and here she was.


The gloves I finished a few weeks ago and have been wearing often


Esme is talking quite a bit more again, singing, naming her toys (two orange cars are now Nikki and Bob.... and they get stuck places a lot and call the other one for help). I am making her brush her hair once and maybe twice a day - and she doesn't like it but we show her we do it too. I've been thinking of making her a set of penguins out of felt, a daddy and a baby like her playdough ones that went 'bye bye' when they dried out. She told me one of her fairy dollies from Christmas was a boy today - and the other one she had was a little girl. She has had lots of stories with all of her animals - her 'Mac' doggie (the first toy she named, a few months ago, after a Clifford character) and 'Suzy' kitty (I named her) and Big Sheep and Mr.Frog and Dragon and the playmobil grandma/grandpa/little girl and Panda Bear and all the other characters that proliferate about the household here.

She helped me sweep some and we have watched both Cinderella and Snow White already today. I am getting lots of hugs and being climbed on, brought toys, asked for jellybeans etc etc.. And when we settled down on the electric blanket during Cinderella she snuggled up for a little while :) Nice day at home.

No comments: