Friday, January 28, 2011

bits

I was told to 'shut up mumum' last night and also again this morning. I was not amused - and she did not get away with it. Both times I was telling her something she needed to do that she didn't want to hear me say - get her drink cup in the morning, and throw away her lollipop before she went to sleep at night. Since I've been home tonight she has been extremely good - almost darling at times. She asked for a bath immediately and washed her hair without too much fuss. She might even get the present 'The Blue Fairy' sent her in the car, but I've learned to be sparing with the presents because she wants me to play with them with her RIGHT THEN and it can actually cause a meltdown if something keeps me from it.

She asked for the movie Pinocchio this morning by asking for the movie with 'bad man and the donkeys.' We had to listen really close to understand - but I got it. She has said a few more descriptive things tonight as well - 'may I please have an m?' (m&m) and 'movie with the sheeps' for Shaun the Sheep, which was actually less descriptive than asking for 'Shaun'. Mark said she was a good girl on their town trip today as well, counting buttons for the lady at the co-op and jabbering to her nicely.

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

Ugh. Sorry to hear that (about the shut up). We are starting to get just a little bit of that sort of thing as well. For example, if I say something to Peter while I am eating, Emily will tell me very loudly "Mommy, you are not supposed to talk with your mouth full." She is right, and we tell her this. But she says it with a semi-snotty tone.

We try and tell her that she has to be NICER about it.