Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy birthday Grandma :)

Mark and Esme might come visit you a little later today, and bring something I have here. I had Esme call you on the phone because she didn't want to sit still at all for a picture this morning. I mostly got pictures of her dragging her toy bucket around, things flying through the air, and the back of her head as she said 'Happy birthday' and turned away from the camera at the same time. Ha. Yes, mumum and daddy are shutterbugs and she is learning the Greta Garbo pose.

I noticed another uptick in her language starting yesterday (probably before). She is saying things like 'Here, you take it. Take it!', 'Get out of there, get out from in there, kitty. What are you doing in there, kitty?' and 'pull socks up please', 'come with - we go downstairs.' All of those are more complete than she has done before. She has also begun a bit further abstract thinking. In 'morningtime' she told me to get up - and I said I was cold. She told me to get up out of bed and put on my coat (a blanket I wear downstairs around my shoulders', tugged the blanket off the bed and shoved it at me. She corrected it to 'blanket' but was insistent it was a 'coat' at first, because of how I use it. She has started to get more of 'witch doctor (oo ee oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang)' song memorized but won't do it very much for Daddy. Last night when I got home she came with me downstairs and said 'Ravioli, where are you? You in fridge? Ravioli?' in a ploy to get a snack. 'Pizza? I like the pizza. yea, I like it.' but then she didn't eat the quarter of a mini pizza I gave up to her on an extra plate. I had just come home late from work - so she just wanted to be with me and be involved.

Now she is demanding Mr.Frog be dressed up in her clothes again and walk around the house with her. She has been having more 'discussions' with him and hugging him while she sits in her bed watching Cinderella at night, long before she uses him as a pillow to go to bed. Now they are sitting having 'tea' and talking about the weather (It snow, you see the snow?') and she gave him a kiss when I took the last picture here because (You frog, Grandma see you!).



Frog wear dress
(Her idea - I put it on him for her)



Frog sit chair



Frog have tea
(I found her teapot and a cup for her - she asked for plates and food)

No comments: