Sunday, January 23, 2011

little bits

There is a lot more imagination going on - just all over the place. The other day she saw a bra laying with the clothes and said it was a butterfly, it go fly fly fly. She was disappointed when I pointed out what it really was! When she was in the bathtub tonight she told me the flowers were all gone - I told her they had died and she said 'they boomed! pow pow pow! booooom all gone!' complete with 'six-shooter' type hand gestures. She has been watching too many Looney Tunes. She saw Daddy smoking his pipe the other day and said 'oh no a FIRE save me protect me it burn up it FIRE seee--moke!' She sees him smoke it many times a day but wanted to pretend it was a fire that time. In her Fantasia DVD there is a part where there is lava and fire burning things and she has been crying 'save me' during that part and making me hold on to her for a little while - but it isn't real fear, just pretend playing.

She has also learned tonight how to sneak up on Daddy like Elmer Fudd - 'be very very quiet, we are hunting Daddys' - complete with hunching down on tiptoe with hands out like a T-Rex to sneak up quietly and then when she catches him she tickles him and kisses at him. Haha! Then she tells me to 'try that - you try that! come come come!'

She had a pen tonight and we asked her to find the cap for it because it was gone. She said it was 'over there', pointed in the direction of her toybox (with the trash can beyond it) and then turned around and wouldn't answer me. She sat down on her chair with her back to me and crossed her arms and refused to go find it. I think she has thrown it away and is not sure what to say. When Daddy told her he was serious go find it she said 'oh no!' and came to hide in my lap but she would not find it... so I really do think she threw it away.

I asked her where my eyeballs were earlier because Daddy showed me an awful thing on Reddit. I said I had lost them on the floor and she had to find them. She found these little cup and ball things Grandma had sent down that have black spheres on the end of little strings. She held them up and said 'here eyeball - put back!'. Very funny. She thought it was funny, too - and was quite proud of herself for finding something that 'fit the bill' of the joke.

She is learning the 'aweem a way' part to In the Jungle and will sing more of the Witch Doctor song and 'Ding dong the witch is dead'. It's odd what songs she actually picks up on and most others she just says 'uh uh' and won't say at all. Right after I got home tonight she was running in front of me in the kitchen and tripped over a ball in front of us and smacked herself on the floor. I was all worried but before a minute had passed she was asking for ravioli again. She has a lump but then I saw her try to ride Bunny dog later and thump down on the floor on her arm -- so she's going to thump herself whether I'm in the immediate vicinity or not... *sigh* good thing they're made of rubber at this age (Mark says this a lot).

We also have a bit of a milestone - she asked to pee on the big potty today and didn't cry and scream after being placed there. She didn't actually go but she tried and didn't cry even a little bit about it - so... we're making some progress at her own pace.

I am waiting on Wednesday for a day off - and for all this weather to be done with. It is impending snow again tomorrow and the next day. And we are sending good thoughts to Grandpa that the doctor can give him something for his cold!


Simplicity 6242
is a pretty good description of what I've altered my Butterick 2194 to be
but available in other sizes.

No comments: