Sunday, February 22, 2009

Not Much Here, but we are here...

We're all still trying to get rid of this cold. Mark joked yesterday it could be a variant of the Spanish Flu, but I truly hope that is just a joke. I seem to be getting better except for the persistent headache, he's in the midstream now and Esme's nose is still running but she seems happy otherwise.

Not too much crafting either - I've been working and have four days off starting tomorrow. I did get some reading done though, and that is quite rare for me nowadays.

The Lives of Christopher Chant by Diana Wynne Jones. I remember this book from when I was a kid, it's slightly juvenile fiction but adults would enjoy it too. It's about a boy from a magical family who thinks he is a 'dud' until he realizes his dreams are actually journeys into other worlds - and he can bring things back if he tries.

The Last Legends of Earth by A.A. Attanasio. Another book I had read before - many times before, as a teenager. It was one of those thick 800 pagers from the library that you never quite could grasp the whole story until the second readaround. Rereading it again I'm beginning to realize I inadvertently absorbed some of the philosophy in it as well.

Esme is eating her cheerios and making lots of cute noises and I have to leave for work in half an hour. *sigh* Yesterday it rained and snowed and the store was very quiet - everyone was wondering what to do besides stand around and wait for customers. I ended up reorganizing a lot of stuff just to have something to do.

1 comment:

mrspao said...

Glad to hear you are a bit better - get fully well soon.