Thursday, November 01, 2007

Bazooka Sends out a Convincing False Alarm

Last night was quite interesting, although not enough to go to the hospital yet. My Braxton Hicks felt, for the first time, like real contractions hard and painful across my stomach and abdomen. And they repeated, first at 50 minutes apart, then closer and closer until they were about 10 minutes apart. They came when I was walking around, when I was distracted by something else etc... so they had me thinking maybe she was coming! We were keeping the time on a computer screen Mark has that records a time when you hit 'return.'

By the time they were ten minutes apart I had that little card ready to call the hospital. But, I was really tired, and they weren't increasing in strength, just frequency. Even the hardest one didn't make me hold my breath through it. So I laid down to see if I could sleep at all - and after about a half-hour they stopped coming and I slept through the night.

So, very convincing little girl -- but you'll have to do better to get this mom to take you to see the birthing center again ;)

On a side note - she was active throughout those feelings and I've felt her move around since I've been up this morning, which makes me feel really relieved and certain it was just a false alarm.

9 comments:

Ladeewolf said...

Sounds like she wants out, and keeps trying. She'll get her very soon. Don't forget to get the stuff for stretchmarks! I forgot to get it and do I regret it!I rather am a zebra in spots-no bikini for me,LOL!

RheLynn said...

Heh: Rhiannon mentioned on another post she's just waiting for me to go 'silent' and then they'll know the baby is really coming! She's right - I'm posting at a feverish rate with all this waiting!

But several members of my family are reading this as well as all of you blog friends waiting for the same thing to happen, and then the phone to ring ;)

mrspao said...

How exciting!!! :)

Anonymous said...

November 11th.

Exciting! But it would be nice if she would just decide. Quickly. Minus the drama.

Jeanne said...

Yes, I have been waiting for you to go silent, too. Maybe tomorrow?

RheLynn said...

We'll see... just got back from stocking up at the store and she started doing the same thing again. A friend on my email list was in 'pre-labor' for 3 days before the real ferocious pains kicked in and she delivered her little boy in the next 24 hours.

Unknown said...

Hi! I am a complete stranger but I wanted to say hello and congrats/good luck etc. I was perusing the webosphere looking at pics of great dane pups and came upon your blog. I got hooked! I am in no place to take a puppy sadly.. I wish I could.. but I'm not settled anywhere.. well other than grad student housing.. they may frown on a big wobbly puppy lumbering through the halls! Anyway.. I just wanted to say hello and thanks for the writing!

Chris said...

This was only a test. Had this been a real emergency... ;)

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh! Sounds like she's on her way!