Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bazooka Update: 38 weeks

We're playing the waiting game. Had another doctor's appointment today, and he told me a few things.

If I make it to 40 weeks without going into labor he'll do another ultrasound to make sure things are all okay. They seem to be okay now, she is head down with a good heartbeat still, and very active. If we go a full 41 weeks without labor he'll take her one way or another, and more than likely by c-section :( But that is all yet to be seen.

I didn't gain any weight this week, and I only gained 1 lb last week as well. We're really just waiting around for my body to decide things are right to go into labor. I've gained 55 lbs during this pregnancy - and even the doctor asked where is it? except right there in a huge belly, and probably muscles gained in carrying it around. He estimated the baby is about 7 lbs right now, by feeling how big she is in my stomach. The doctor said he wouldn't be surprised if Bazooka is 'all muscle'(*) - and with Mark as her Daddy, I can definitely see that! :)

(*) When he said that, I imagined her maybe weighing 2 lbs more than a baby her same size/length - just because of all the muscle she is constantly kicking and turning about in me with!

Braxton Hicks Contractions?

A few days ago I had my first 'tightening' feelings - like someone was grabbing my muscles under this big stomach and drawing them taut. It only happened four times, three little ones 10-15 minutes apart and one long one two hours later. They were completely painless, but it was difficult to move properly because the muscles were hard and didn't want to respond for a few seconds each time, like having your arm held back when you want to move it. I haven't had any more of those for two days. The doctor agreed it was a good sign that something was starting to happen maybe. It's been raining all week and I haven't had any chance to go for my usual long walk in the morning :( but that might help when it dries up again. They say a lot of walking can help things along!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Walking really does help, especially once labor has really started.

Jeanne said...

Not long now! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Walking really is great. I can't believe you're so close now!!!

Vleeptron Dude said...

whoa whoa who you're about to have a kid, that is So Cool! Congratulations! Mazel Tov! Did you peek? Do you know the gender?

As usual because Geeky Girl has been inactive I bring Geek Stuph here to Knit Owl. A small PizzaQ may help pass the time in your Confinement. (Whatever happened to Confinement?)

http://vleeptronz.blogspot.com/2007/10/pizzaq-find-value-of-squuzuu-function.html

The PizzaQ itself is just a reasonable-size brain teaser, but it's the tip of a very interesting Iceberg, a high-class uptown Math Lecture I just attended at high-class uptown Amherst College. After somebody wins the PizzaQ, I'll post more about this Very Very Interesting Subject.

In Holland, babies come from inside cabbages, I think the baby girls are inside the purple cabbages and the boys are inside the green cabbages, and mommy and daddy slice the cabbage open verrrrrrrrry carefully.

Got a name yet? Iphegenia? Siobhan? Dierdre? Cunegonde?