Saturday, November 27, 2021

Postal Route drawings

 I've done a few drawings of my postal route - this is the one I did today - 'Near Watkins Lane', colored pencil and inks



the thing about the postal route images are they are a 'smash together' of things I see around that place, not an actual representation foot by foot of what you would see there.  For example - the tree at the end of Watkins Lane, and beyond it you see the lake one way and t he tall straight bare trees on the OTHER side... and the cows live across the highway, not down the lane, but they are pretty and I wanted to put them in there somewhere.... if you knew the area, you would recognize that the 'parts are there', but all jumbled up.

and at the end of laying out the above drawing in blue, my pen snapped and popped - which made me wonder if I needed to throw it out and use the other one I have instead.  But no, I took the rest of the paper and wrote this out and drew this tree - and there is no reason whatsoever to throw the pen out.. 


It's been a hard week on the postal route.  It's been cold - my truck has been broken in a minor but annoying way (door handle) so I've had to improvise.  I'm very glad I'm as stretchy as I am at my age - but it's been annoying and my left arm is in that 'what did you do to me' stage that doesn't even really hurt anymore until the middle of the night and then I wake up and everything clicks and cracks and eventually I forget about it like a bad tooth until I try to do something 'different' with it like carry laundry or hold something up.. and then it goes wonky again.  hypermobility is not as fun as it looks, but it could be worse... maybe I can get some more sleep now, as I don't have postal route (that I know of) for another week or more now


cold stress



"HWY 105" postal route drawing

This one was done a few months ago, and oddly enough, it is the very next section to what I just did now.. sort of like working backwards without even trying to

So now I'm thinking about working 'forwards' on the next chunk from the horse onwards...

 

 

completed it what will I call this one?  "HWY 105 - CONTINUED" ?

The horse in it is the same horse as the above one, just around the corner to the mailbox that is broken and most of the time in a mud puddle

 


" Railroad streets West and East"


I did this in black and white but haven't went further with this one - it is still in town and was done while waiting for them to bring the mail one morning then forgotten at the post office for weeks.. it's home with me but I still haven't moved too much forward on it.  It is also 'compressed' and represents a section of postal route that is actually more like a mile in length but would be recognizable from the elements




'Old Trezevant Road' 5x7 inch

This approximate area is where one day there was a huge white cow walking down the middle of the highway.  I slowed way down, not wanting to hit it - and it put it's whole head in the left-hand side of my postal truck.  It then proceeded to lick the dashboard a bit - and then decided to 'move on'.  I really hoped no one would hit it.  I didn't want to come back to 'smeared cow' all over the road since I go down that road and come back.  But, by the time I returned, it was nowhere to be seen outside the fence... and there were so many inside the fence well, I couldn't tell which one it was.  *ha*



No comments: