Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Knee brace

I've been wearing an elastic knee pad as a brace at work for two nights.  It made a difference like night and day.  Before, I was almost limping because every step made the back of my leg hurt.  With the kneepad I was walking at my regular pace.  The kneepad has an elastic velcro band and I was feeling the instinct to hold that muscle 'tight' to my leg to help it heal.  It felt like there was a baseball sized knot.. caused from twisting my leg oddly when I come back up from kneeling.  I try not to do this but sometimes it just happens, because my knee joint is hypermobile.  It caused an injury several months ago that caused my entire knee to swell to the point it barely fit in my jeans leg.  That one very very slowly went away with rest and aspirin pads and elevation.  But this one scared me it could be a blood clot, it was so condensed and in a different place.  But I remembered 'feeling' it twist the same way the other part of the knee did, and a 'charlie horse' type pain right in that same place. 

I am going to wear the knee pad again tonight but I am not going to draw the elastic strap tight into the same support structure I was using it as the past few nights... that way I will remember not to go down with that knee bent, but keep it stuck out and then I won't twist it that same way getting back up.

1 comment:

Anna gomes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.