Monday, April 23, 2018

the bits

I have a backlog of library books to read.  It has been raining cats and dogs outside.  Our baby chickens are growing so fast we will need to make an enclosure for them soon.  We have ordered some plants and seeds that will come in the mail soon, as well as a Welsh dictionary for me and some dog books for Esme.

I've been watching 'Gwaith Cartref' on S4c to learn more Welsh.  It is a drama about teacheras and students at aWelsh-speaking school (ysgol yn Cymraeg).  It has a lot of colloquial speech in it - which is good - and subtitles in Welsh so I can catch what words they are actually speaking in case I'm mishearing.

I have these next two days off.  I'm still not entirely better from this sinus stuff.. and the weather is not helping.  I feel like I almost get rid of it and then it comes back.  Now one of my ears feels a bit plugged and I have this weird cold-surface feeling around my chest that I don't like.


identified!  This is a wild black cherry tree, also called Prunus serotina in the Latin.   We were in the right family!


This is a tree that has been growing in the front of the garden.  We have to chop it down or move it - looked it up and the closest thing I can find is a sweet cherry family... prunus avicum.  It does seem to fit some of those characteristics.. I can't remember if it had any fruit on it last year - but it has grown to about chest-high in a few years in the herb garden right beside the fence.   The goat is trying hard to eat it and getting her head stuck in the fence.

No comments: