Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Garden update

The soil is still cold a few inches down.  But I bought some flowers anyway, and put them out in the garden.  I'm sure I'll have a sun burn tomorrow.   I reserved the sweet pepper we bought for later in the week.  The biggest thing is I got down on my hands and knees and cleared out all of the weeds from the flower garden and located all the actual 'plants'.  Some of the weeds I tend to actually like - but I cleared them, too, this year. I replanted cucumbers and prepared the lettuce pots for a second go (but they got too watered down, so plant them another day).  I planted lettuce and purslane in the raised beds.  I also bought a hosta and Mark bought a coleus for the shade garden.  We are loving our clover!

 There is a wild chicken alert to the left.  And a 'Take me Home because I Said So' hosta to the right.

 planted lantana, pink petunias, pink dianthus (porkchop plants), red and yellow marigolds and a Snapdragon is hiding behind one of those white pipes.  The pipes are marking what might be an Asiatic lily and another set of dianthus that could have seeded itself last year... it sure looks like it, and there isn't any other elsewhere to say this is a common weed.

 We had planted seed marigolds in the places where I now put store bought ones, as none had sprouted.

 Our lush field of clover..

 mint and lemon balm and oregano (which is the green mass in the flower bed)

Something - I have to guess the wind, tore the roof off the chicken house.  We have to think a bit about how to fix it best.

No comments: