Saturday, September 23, 2017

easing off the ketogenic diet

I did the near-ketogenic diet for a week.

I've lost 6 lbs so far and have another 6 or so before I will reach my target.  But I don't want to do it in such a way that I will just bounce back - there is a relationship to carbs and water weight I've been reading about.  I'm increasing my carbs now to 65 to 75 grams per day, and the sugar to 20 to 25 grams (or less).  If that doesn't continue to feel like it is benefiting me, then I'll reduce it again.    I do like the feeling of eating much less sugar, bread and rice etc.  I'm not sure if I can keep up eating NO bread and rice for the long term.. so starting back with one or two servings per day under the mentioned limits until I find a good medium ground.

1 comment:

Ta.S said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.