Sunday, September 17, 2017

bits

I'm averaging about 50% fat and the protein and carbs are wavering back and forth a bit around 25%.. and that seems to be working wonderfully for me.  This would be the third day of increasing monounsaturated fats and cutting back on carbs, with as little sugar as I can get away with.

I have energy and I'm not knife-gnawing hungry before mealtimes have even arrived.. which is a very different feeling.  I have to get used to that.  Do I need to eat right now?  Should I just eat later, or ..?  I keep waiting for it to swoop down upon me like it had even during the three weeks I was not restricting carbs and sugars - trying only calorie-restriction (and naturally doing 35-45% fat, although most of it saturated).  I used to be hungry two hours after I got to work - and yesterday I only drank water at my break instead of snacking.  I was cleaning and moving stuff, too - so it wasn't an idle day by far.

I like this - but I'm not used to it, yet.
We'll see how it continues to develop.

Esme got really great grades on her reading and math tests.  We have her parent teacher conferences tomorrow.  I have today off and she has asked to invite a friend over to play games.  I'm cleaning the house some, doing laundry et al.


Recipes:
These aren't out of the diet book I'm reading - just based on the foods they recommend and the ones they do not -  and what I happened to have in my cabinets and freezer that would fit with the plan.

The other day I had this which was EXCELLENT
I've made it before, actually, when I needed 'something' and the fish seemed to be it.
Five of my seven dogs sat at my feet and demanded some of this.. so that tells me it's good!

Mackerel and Tomatoes (2 servings)

1 tin of boneless mackerel in olive oil  (Season brand)
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
mix together and put in toaster oven on 350 until hot and steaming 

Last night I made this:

 Eggs and Swiss with spianch and black beans

2 Large brown eggs cooked in 1 tbsp of butter.
handful of torn up spinach greens tossed in when mostly cooked
2 tbsp of black beans, mixed in after cooked.
1 slice of Swiss cheese torn up and mixed with it all.
A few frozen blueberries on the side

Then this morning I made this:

Coconut Cocoa Greek Yogurt

4 tbsp of toasted unsweetened coconut flakes (we had in freezer, and I had an inspiration)
I toasted that in the toaster oven on low broil and stirred it until it was dry and starting to brown
2 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, mixed in after toasting
3 tbsp of full fat Greek yogurt

I liked the coconut yogurt, but it probably would have been better with a few tbsp of unsweetened coconut milk.  It needed something 'more'...  The cocoa powder was much subtler than I expected - the taste actually rounded out and hit me after I had eaten it... it might have done well to be mixed and let stand so the fat and the cocoa powder could combine some before eating.


No comments: