Thursday, September 28, 2017

Construction Projects and Chicken



We've done a lot these past few days.  Esme's bed and mattress had come (it's early birthday and something we've been wanting to do for a long time).  She loves her new room.  It was such a project putting it together!

All finished and everything is in place.

 Looking down at me like a teenager

 
 I swear I will be careful with this ladder!

Her room looks so bright and colorful, -- also, very full, but a cool room!
 

There was some swearing happening during this stage - things had to be forced into place...

 
I love this expression on Esme's face! 


Slat, Key, Scalpel, What?

And Mark bought ten pounds of chicken on special and fried it up.  He put it away in the fridge for later and Esme took some up to Grandma.


 Chicken!




 I was able to eat this with some lime juice, which is a first for me.  I've avoided chicken cooked on the bone for years and years - more than twenty.  But I had this idea that lime or orange juice is 'the opposite color' of what I don't like about the bone taste.

No comments: