Sunday, November 13, 2016

Art and Cold

I've been taking the art practice more seriously.. and here is my most recent painting

10x12 inches, cafe in Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur
visit here for more details

This image came from Google Maps - and I wandered street after street around Nice, France until I landed in front of this place and said 'That's it.'  The colors of the chairs and the buildings (which were very similar to shown) and all the little railing and window details cinched it.

I think I spent about three hours on it last night, finishing just before midnight.  I pushed myself and wasn't 100% happy with the result (mostly the motorbikes) but was extremely happy that I finished it entirely and didn't give up.  That last stroke when you know its done... that feels nice.   I can see a common style emerging again, and have noticed a few things about my painting process that rings bells with years and years ago.  1.) I tend to use one brush throughout.  2.)  My color choices - even when trying to be true to life - tend to cluster around a few specific hues. 

The temperature is really dropping lately!  It's cold!  I got Esme a new sweatshirt and am focusing on making sure she has warm things to wear for the next few months.  She is so happy to have her birthday boots.

Now I am going to kick my tail into crocheting some new winter hats while sitting warmly in the bed with the rest of Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon.

No comments: