Friday, June 10, 2016

bits

I had my dentist appointment on Wednesday - they did a good job and the cracks are gone/filled.  They suggested I drink cold(er) coffee with a straw to prevent staining and damage to the composite they used.  That will take some getting used to, but I'm trying.  Grandma went to Jackson for some dental things yesterday, too - and we tagged along to look for a few cheap school clothes for Esme while we were there.  I scored a few things at a Goodwill (that I had never known was there) that fit her well... will still have to get a bit more at our local stores.

And I am still worrying a bit about the meeting with the principal - but cross that bridge when we come to it.  We went to homeschooling for very good reasons - which I don't want to focus on now, because there has been enough time passed that we should be able to find a way to make it all work better.  Esme has gained a lot of skills that she didn't have then, and she is older and less easy to force into anxiety than she was then.  I do want her to be with the other kids but don't want her to turn to a messy puddle of tears or a storming silent robot every night after school -- there has to be a balance.  I know some of it is just 'little girl' natural drama - but it was so severe at the time and not helped by the teacher's attitude, that I just felt we needed to settle everything down at home, focus on the skills she needed, keep learning from becoming identified with all of that bad emotion and then restart at a later date.  Now, it's the later date.

I have a slight headache today left over from yesterday, all that running in Jackson wears on all of us.  We are very much the introverts.  I sat down and read two books yesterday when we got home - High Country by Nevada Barr and The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal.  I've got a few more downloaded for today but I'll be at work, so I won't even get through much of one.

We have Esme's dental visit on Monday, also in Jackson. 

No comments: