Monday, September 13, 2010

bits and a herd of cows

It's getting colder again at night - the house dropped by more than ten degrees overnight.. just to the mid 60s... And this complaint is from a former Minnesotan :) I should be happy and remember when my house was 40 degrees...but I still want a blanket to go downstairs in the mornings regardless. I need to finish the other slipper in this pair and maybe work on a pair for Esme. These are the really old style I made long ago in Fargo. The pink dress isn't done yet, and I have Tuesday and Wednesday (off days) already penciled in with plans for McKenzie and Camden.

Esme is eating her cereal and I had to rescue all four of her cows from a terrible death by drowning in the milk. I've come to realize just the look in her eye before they actually get dunked.. and stop her before it happens. She wasn't too happy about it but she did put them down, and then pouted for a few minutes before eating the rest of the cereal in silence.

Her other weird trick lately is 'playing dead' instead of just falling down and covering her head when she falls/thinks she is in trouble (those go hand in hand with her) she falls down and sticks her head to the side and sticks her tongue out and plays dead. I am not amused. Several days in a row I've dealt with 'you are NOT dead' when putting her to bed, changing her and telling her to get out of the bathtub. The bathtub one didn't work well for her, though. It's really hard to keep your head above water when making your body go slack. She realized that one and then went and hid her head in the corner like usual until she would agree to come out on her own.

She was also putting her toys in the bubbles in the bath and covering their heads up - saying 'I thought I saw a putty tat!' and uncovering them with water droplets from above. ??? I asked Mark about that one,and he thinks there is one episode of her Looney Tunes where the cat hides in soap bubbles.... *odd****shakes head**** I have such a silly little girl. Oh, and she has a herd of plastic cows. A herd, to ride on trains and get put in corralls. I'm still thinking of finding more *ha*..... the dragon (dinosaur), pig and dog were still hanging out with the cows last night.

No comments: