Sunday, August 01, 2010

Swing Joy, Downfall and Crazy Hair Move


walking to Grandma's house


After dealing with difficult, unreasonable customers for two days in a row - I guess I felt the need to do something 'unreasonable' as well. I'm not sure how I made the leap from one thing to the other - but maybe because both were stressful issues. There is also something to the point that customers get to look however they want to when they come into the store yet that says nothing about their personality - it is always the same. I have to wear an apron and always have the same hair and glasses - which is how they identify me. I get judged as a 'young blond girl' often and sometimes male customers will not even ask me for help before a male associate brings them to me and says 'yes - she runs this department.'

Going to a hairstylist is also a stressful situation for me, and a crux point of being able to stay the same or "change" my identity. I hate having anybody wait for me, but won't go alone except once in a blue moon. I hate sitting there waiting for a walk-in before or after work because I either am worrying about getting to work or just wanting to be at home. So anyway, it has been a good long time since I had it professionally done, and took a deep end dive yesterday by buying hair shears and a box of permanent dye. If anybody reading knows me well - they will know just how CRAZY it is for me to do something this big and to do it without a long drawn-out planning process. I'm pretty predictable and 'safe' most of the time. I knew that if I could overcome an 'off the charts' stress like committing to and doing THIS, then the other stress would become almost non-existent in the shadow of it.

It wasn't bad, but it was scary after I had started ;) I have a forum I post on often about Esme and one of the other ladies posted 'in process' pictures of her cutting her own hair. I knew if she could do it - I could do it, too. Esme kept asking me 'Mumum, you alright?' as she saw large pieces of hair fall into the trash can. Mark did trim the very back center for me, since I couldn't see it at all and/or reach it. Then I went the rest of the way and dyed it one shade darker than the original color. Just one shade? Mark asked. He said I should have tried red or blue. That would have caused a 'fix it before you come back again' comment at work.


I think I've had a cut at a low budget place that was worse!



Crazy, or not?



Esme can get on the swing by herself




Such joy!



And the humiliation... not really. I'm glad she holds on until she gets down all the way!

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

Looks great!!