Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday off, rain or shine?

We just got back from town, getting chicken and picking up a CD I bought off of Ebay. It is Sergei Prokofiev's 'Romeo and Juliet' ballet. A few weeks ago I was talking about music types and things we remembered from our past on an internet forum, and I was reminded of a certain sequence from this set. I heard it in Fargo on the NPR station long ago - and although a part of it was still in my memory I am glad to be able to hear it in full again.

I was very lucky to find a cheap version of it on Ebay (very lucky, considering what it is) and today it has arrived! It is clean 'never been handled' condition, no plastic but I would not have thought anyone ever took it out of the case before. ***insert WOW hard to believe face here as the copyright is 1989!!!*** It has text in three languages on the cover and inside. Mark says it might have been kept by an 'audiophile' who took extremely good care of all their CDs. If that is so, I thank them :)

Mark says he recognizes a few of the bits from being used in movies, and it reminded him of 'Peter and the Wolf', which he owns a copy of and has been fond of for many years. Ha! That is the same composer, but he didn't know that when he said it. It's nice to discover such things ;)

Esme is running around the house full of chicken and V-8 Splash juice and eating an orange lollipop. That is spoiling for her, and she loves those town runs when we get to stop at the chicken place. As soon as we stopped at the place she stuck out her forefinger and pointed saying 'CHICKEN! YAY!' and went on to mumble things about going in there to get a chicken and a lollipop and Daddy and Mumum hold my hand etc.. she plans these things out pretty well *giggle*

I don't know if it is going to really rain or not today - the forecast says it will and it sure looked like it until the sun started shining.... now the radar looks clear but the forecast still says rain. Trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the day.

DJ at work reccommended Johnson and Johnson's vapor bath for Esme's stuffed nose. He said he used it on his son when he had a cold. It smells like rosemary and eucalyptus and it was pretty nice. She wasn't snorking this morning when she woke up like she was the other day. I can't say if it worked well or she just got better - but I'll give it a shout-out anyway as being a pretty good product.

No comments: