Thursday, September 27, 2007

New Kangaroo and pink baby bumpers


Last year I made a custom pink kangaroo and baby for a lady in New York. I lost the pattern in January, so tried reworking it this week. I'm still tweaking patterns for the pamphlet we hope to print, but it's quickly turning into a real book-length! I made this Mama Kangaroo mostly on the sewing machine and the baby is entirely handsewn.

I also finished the second pair of bassinet bumpers for Bazooka (this post is just full of tongue-twisters, isn't it?) and have been working on a few more black cats that aren't quite ready.

The puppies are at ankle-biting size and are now quick on their feet. We send them outside for most of the day with Mom and gather them back up at night.

Sending good wishes to Chris and Susan on their upcoming surgeries!

Also, thank yous to Lynn and Jennifer for sharing some of their labor and delivery stories with me via email.



Mama kangaroo and her joey


Mama is 8 inches tall and baby is 3 inches tall.
We're already reserved for someone! -Ask about custom toy orders from KnitOwl!


Mr.Sloth's story was accepted to Custom Toy Lab blog, Yay! ;)

6 comments:

Chris said...

Thank you! Cute 'roos. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'm doing okay!

Got your little giftie and I love it!!!

mrspao said...

So cute!!!

Jennifer said...

That is adorable!

Kris B said...

Those are so cute and so are the puppy pictures.

Anonymous said...

I really, really, really need to custom order one of these in plain blue for my daughter. Don't even need a baby--just a plain blue kangaroo. I know you are busy with your baby--but please let me know if this is possible!! my email is maureenmead@ mac.com or maureenducey@yahoo.com

Thanks!