Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Christmas Toys already?

It's just one day after Labor Day and it seems people are already thinking about the holiday season. I saw lots of Halloween stuff being sold, and when I checked my mail today I found an inquiry about making some toys for a Christmas showcase. Christmas toys already? Well, I'm ready as soon as she tells me the quantity and color. In that same vein, I started gearing up for more production by buying some new fabrics and a new iron. I was using Mark's mom's old iron but it was time for a new one.

Mark also had the idea that I could make little reindeer with some alterations to the horse pattern. I tried the first prototype today, and although this try isn't quite right the idea is sound. I'll take this one apart and try again.


Reindeer Prototype - try 1



So happy with this rabbit fabric I bought from a lady on Etsy. Her shop is in China, but it arrived here relatively quickly and much bigger cuts than I expected. They are both Japanese import fabrics I've seen elsewhere, and will be used in another quilt for Bazooka.

Links:
It's been forever since I've been to either of these blogs below, but ran across them again lately...
Bella Dia
Dacia Ray

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are really cute, RheLynn! You've almost got it.

Sleepyheads indeed. Awww.

stuffed said...

Aw. Cute.

Jennifer said...

That is going to be so cute.

Chris said...

Eek! Way too earlier to think about Christmas.

Unknown said...

So cute! Thanks for the shout out. :)