Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Mixed Bag


This HUGE mantis was on the window of our local movie center!

Squint went for a 'sleepover' last night, to see how well he gets along in a new house. The momma dog who licked his ear lives there, along with a large pack of other indoor dogs. So far he has gotten along well with all of them - I'm more worried about his own 'defensive reactions' getting him into trouble.

Squint met Tessa Goat last night as well - and disapproved highly of her. Good for Tessa though, she got scratched on the nose by him and did nothing but draw back and look down at him like 'What's your problem?' Two minutes later she was investigating again, but from further away. Tessa likes kittens - and has helped watch over the last litter Newt had.

My girls are either chewing on each other because Squint isn't here to do it, or are fighting over 'who lost the kitten - he was here yesterday!'

Willow took time out to investigate the pocket of the suitcase.



Up until yesterday I had those nice jingley double pointed needles in that pocket. Now Willow keeps sticking her head and paws inside trying to figure out why the pocket doesn't jingle anymore!

Seen in the background is Obsidian Kitten's excellent jumping spider gift - which gets a lot of use around our house! Also, we have a filing box in front of the closet to keep Sallymander's paws from constantly opening it!

Linky: These Celtic Long Spiral Socks look great! Maybe my black and white Palette will come to good use this Winter ;o)

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I hope things work out at Squint's new potential home!

Kelly said...

Mantis's are so gross. I saw a variety of one here in Minnesota. Yuk, I thought big bugs were further south.

Chris said...

*fingers crossed for Squint's possible new home*

Hee hee - I have my closets bungeed shut to keep Chaos out of them...

Carrie K said...

Oh no, those socks do look cool. I still have to knit the Eleanora ones from Mim.

I hope things work out for Squint! Do they have a blog so I can keep tabs on my cyber kitten?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Carrie...if Squint leaves you how will we know how he is doing? Who will take the pictures to show us? I vote for whoever takes Squint must sign an agreement that Squint has his own blog!

Lynn said...

Oh Gee, and I put the adoption poster up for him. I hope he does well.

I will miss him

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

I hope it works out for Squint to have a new home....(if you can't keep him and if I can't come and get him!)....I'll miss hearing about him...maybe you could post pics from time to time to show us how he is growing!! And how cruel of you to take your needles out so the others cat's can't enjoy!! Don't you know your house is not your house? You are simply a vehicle for food and entertainment? LOL!!!

Jennifer said...

I've been enjoying hearing about Squint, who I think is the cutest kitten ever! I hope he gets a nice new home, even though that will probably mean less pictures of his cuteness.

SAM said...

Your cats are great. I LOVE cats (and dogs - I have one of each). I didn't read enough of Squints story but I hope he does well in his new home. I am lucky that my cat is so mellow - and lazy - that the only time he is interested in yarn is if he happens across my lap as I am knitting.

stuffed said...

That Willow face in a pocket pic is hilarious.