Saturday, May 06, 2006

Am I feeling any better?

But first a little camera play

The cats love the 'new' rugs I found in a moving box, washed up, and spread out in the kitchen of our OLD duplex (can you tell by the linoleum?) They love to go sliding on them already.


Willow wants to play, Sally isn't too ethused about it
She looks a little scruffy because she just woke up.

So Willow plays with me ;o)


Well, no I'm not feeling much better -- but I'm still here, I can breathe and I'm mobile. It's worse the hour after I get up -- all that time to settle down into my lungs... I could go into a doctor on Monday, but since I've had pneumonia 3+ times, they are loathe to give me antibiotics until I'm coughing up blood or fail that 'finger oxygen' test :o( :o( But the antibiotics usually clear everything up once I get to that point.. *sighs* 'Can't give antibiotics until a last resort, in case you develop a resistance to them..etc etc'

This is why I'm big into trying to kick it in the butt while I still can. I've been telecommuting, not because I'm too sick to drive, but because there is someone at work with emphysema who cannot afford under any circumstances to catch this -- and its best all around if I do work from home until I'm better.

So I'll knit socks and drink lots of tea...
You've all been great keeping me from going stir-crazy, btw :o) *big thanks*

I made the girls new bowtie mice today (the first they've had in a month) -- they instantly started fighting over the pink one!

Linky:

4 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, now I understand about why no antibiotics yet - hang in there!!

That is one fat stuffed kitty. And very cool fabric for that bag.

Hmm, do you have girly girl kitties, fighting over the pink mouse??

RheLynn said...

They must be girly girls :o), the other one is the same yarn, but green and yellow :o)

embroidery ideas!

Carrie K said...

Oh, thanks for that embroidery link, RheLynn! Sheri will love it. She was doing a series of dishtowels in red embroidery for awhile there.

Telecommuting sounds safest for all of you - now I see why they want to wait, but what a drag. You probably won't get better until they do give you the antibiotics. Isn't taking them all and killing it off enough to stave off them not working?

For once, I'm happy just to have migraines. I used to get bronchial pneumonia as a kid all the time. Spent 3 mos at home and had a tutor, which is the only reason I learned math at all.

Rhiannon said...

I am in LOVE with the apron. I just sent a link to my sister. And now want one!!

I hope you feel better soon.