Sunday, December 11, 2005

Sunday morning + Retrofish cards and designs

Had a scare from Minnesota this morning -- everything is OK now. J's mother is a blessing for helping out in a time of emergency!

J and I made Vegan chocolate chip cookies last night. He found the recipe link on a message board he visits. We also made potato soup, which will be "frozen tv-dinner" until we go to Minnesota.

Retrofish Cards and Designs
click to visit

My original work : 'Retrofish'
done in the GIMP
inspired by Colourlovers.com

SATURDAY WAS LOTS of WORK
Our boss stopped by to pick up J yesterday, to do some outside work at the office. He called an hour before, and in that hour, our house got speed-cleaned!

I freak out so badly when someone comes to see our house... but I swear it has to be genetic. I remember our family always doing the 'this-house-is-a-mess' sprint when our friends or distant relatives would visit. I am so glad though, as the rest of the day was beautiful and relaxing. Painted two baking-powder canisters that otherwise would have been thrown away. J said they look great! I'm looking for a bamboo design to paint over the apple-greeen colour.

Knitting : 1 dishcloth, part of a dishtowel.
Quilting: Found one of my old quilt-tops almost done in a moving box. I think it will get done on Sunday evening. Just three more long seams and then to find a backing.


In other news -
The new Knitty is out, and MagKnits too!

Note : There IS another 'retrofish' out there - but they sell kayaks, and do not have the name 'Cards and Designs' as part of the title.

No comments: