Sunday, October 13, 2024

manga

 Oh wow, I've read too much manga again today.  But, that is a good day off, perhaps.  I slept early last night, got up for an hour, and then slept all the way to five a.m. again - waking up without the alarm.  I also did laundry, and a bit of mopping, changed all the rugs, and looked at the garden this morning.  I almost took a nap, but then got up and cooked something.  But honestly, besides doing the normal amount of language lessons, I've read about six hours worth of manga today, at the least.  One of them was very good (Kimi ni Todoke 'Reaching You' in English)  in that it had a lot of Japanese culture concepts I then had to go look up, and find out what it meant - 'White Day' (like Valentine's Day), words for junior and senior and terms of respect for relatives and teachers, and a few words for foods I didn't know etc etc...  But I guess when I start seeing things half-manga drawing style in my mind's eye, and thinking of my cooking and cleaning being influenced by manga, I definitely have to stop *ha* right, eh?


but this was entirely influenced by the garden, before I began reading much manga this morning - shishito peppers, some bits of kale and a cucumber, chopped up, cooked in olive oil and biryani masala spices, eaten with rice and soy sauce and an egg for breakfast.  At least, it wasn't influenced by *today's* manga... I did wonder though, what is the reason most people don't cook cucumber?  It seems to do just fine in dishes like this for me.  I also cook radishes sometimes.

Mark had put the end of a pork roast in the oven early this morning and we had some of it shredded up for dinner, with canned apples for Esme and I.





No comments: