Saturday, August 13, 2016

A weekend

Esme has had a week of school - and she likes it, so far.  She's dealing with the 'boring stuff to get to the fun stuff.'  That shows a good level of maturity.  We went and scouted out a dog park she wants to take her Lucy to sometime.

I'm knitting a shrug for her, after finishing one for me that was more of a 'happy accident' than a planned project.  It wouldn't fit her, so I took her measurements and am trying to make one happen on purpose now.  She picked out the colors for hers out of what we have on hand.    I might have pictures of these projects soon... Had thoughts of making myself another skirt and Mark another pair of shorts.  Not sure what we'll be up to tomorrow.. will see.

Mark and I watched the first two discs of Outlander... It was surprisingly good.  I'm into the fourth book on my Kindle. 

Another thing on my mind : chicken and spinach enchiladas.  I'm trying lots of things with spinach.

Garlic wilted spinach greens :
1 cup spinach, washed.  1 clove of garlic, chopped, red onions, tomatoes.  Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tsp of brown sugar together with 1/4 cup of water.  Heat, add vegetables, cover and steam.  Drain excess liquid.  Serve with eggs if wanted.

No comments: