I came home with a spare piece of wood framing out of some packaging tonight - and was wondering if I should stretch some fabric over it and make a painting. But, I had this idea instead - something I could put family photos in, keep the dust out and change it once in a while.
I cut a piece of cardboard to size, stretched muslin craft fabric over it, stapled it with a staple gun around while pulling it tight, then painted it with gloss acrylic paint. After it was dry we cut some old trim to length for top and bottom and cut a piece of vinyl tablecloth type material (remnant from Walmart) to size. I stapled the top of it to the top edge and then pilot-drilled the outside-corner in three places, screwing it down over the top of the top edge. After pinning each photo in place with tiny sewing pins, I pulled the vinyl down tight and used Jumbo binder clips to bind the bottom quarter round and vinyl to the bottom edge of the surface.
And, tada. We have framed photos. I don't think we really have any up in the house otherwise - just on computer and in books put away in drawers. We have lots of family art up.. and now some photos. I think Esme was saying she might want one for her room at some time...
Post a Comment