Tuesday, August 05, 2014

first grade meet and greet

We got back from the meet and greet - very quick, Esme had a desk with her name on it, right next to the boy from her K class last year.  She has a sheet of 'about me' to fill out before the end of the week... and the teacher has had us sign for a six book reading package... hmm... I tried not to say very much to the teacher because I really wanted to grill her about the math and reading - and that will become evident over the next few weeks anyway... so better to control myself (heh)...  Mark says I'm excited, too... he's right - I am very interested in Esme's education, but know I have a tendency to go overboard.

We went to the flea market afterwards, and found several good books and a few little toys.  Esme asked for a plant science book.. and I made her take a fishing one, too - as it had better pictures and the plant science was worth twenty-five cents, but definitely high-level even for me.  One of the little toys was a plastic flip-top oyster with a pearl in it. Mark says it is a shell-phone.  Ha. 

When we got home we went through the 'legal' paperwork that was in her folder, and made signatures.  She had to sign for the internet services herself - and she asked 'What are we signing for, again?' which I wanted to remember :)  It was quite thoughtful of her to ask before she signed ;)

We get ready for the bus tomorrow... been practicing getting up early for the last two days.   To be there this morning I had to switch shifts, so  I have to work late tonight.  The bath and hairwashing and getting to bed on time is on Daddy, but I have the next two days off.

Will have a first day of first grade picture tomorrow I hope - if everything doesn't take too long in the morning!

No comments: