Saturday, August 02, 2014

bits as we go

School starts in less than a week.  as Mark said - it is the day after the day after tomorrow.. three days.. eep!

I haven't gotten that last dress done... hope sometime soon the time will reveal itself to me.
Esme and I have been talking about more 'advanced' topics, as she is interested - like taxes, and who pays for the library, and other current events things.  She surprised Grandma last night by talking about - in her own way - the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, in her own terms... confusing Grandma, until I explained.  She keeps telling everyone who asks that she is not excited that school is going to start soon - because to her, next week is not soon - it is next week.  It's in the details - she is excited, but not about 'soon'.. because it isn't 'soon' to her.

She told me a few weeks ago her Aunt Dot was sending her a doll.. at the time I thought she was imagining it.. but the doll did arrive today.  She told me to open it because she had been 'waiting all of her life' for it.  *ha*.. well, maybe that was true.

So much going on for her... so many things just bursting at the seams.  We watched the Lego Movie today, too - and she was enthralled... really... she sat right by my side the entire movie almost and when the reality parts started leaking in towards the end, she was even more excited - sat right on the end of the bed staring up at the screen.  When it was all over - she wanted to go build with Legos, right there, right then.

Other bits:  We put a little basket on her bike when we repaired the pedals.  It was a big thing for her - we couldn't find one at the store and then happened upon something the right size at the dollar store.  She is doing so much better with her bike - gaining dexterity with it.  And she can microwave snacks for herself once in a while now, popcorn chicken or a corndog etc that is already in the fridge.  I will hear her saying 3 - 0 is thirty and START... have to remind myself I'm pretty sure of what she is heating up when I hear that!

// garden news: The Banana Legs tomatoes are starting to ripen.  The Ireland Creek Annie dry beans are starting to come in -and they look really good!  

No comments: