Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Of pink glitter, sprinkles and other reflections on five years old

I am down with the flu and have been sleeping much of the past few days.  But still, I have these observations to make that will otherwise slip me by.  Esme is growing - I see her long limbs as she folds up next to me with her white round face staring at me - pleading at me with blue eyes laced with green stripes (she loves to comment on those in the mirror now) - it is daytime get up no more with the sleeping.  She still has her cough but her fatigue and fever were only the first two days and now she is bouncy and ready to take on the Universe.  I am glad for that, but also glad Mark can distract her away from my leaden self as she bounces around my head like Pinkie Pie pony trying to get me to play games.  And I came back from sleep with these beautiful thoughts : She is so much the classic little girl in her ways - sprinkles make everything better, Daddy put sprinkles on her donuts in the night just to see how surprised she would be in the morning - but it takes three times longer to eat because with sprinkles, you have to enjoy the view as well...  clothes that are too tight to wear are struggled on because they have glitter and glitter makes it pretty - glitter and rhinestones are prerequisite now for clothes, and eyegashing colors of neon pink and green and purple.   She is pink and purple and My Little Pony girl - who will run screaming across the grassy field being chased by imaginary alligators (who must be fed strawberry water to appease them) and come back covered head to toe with mud, puppy beside her - ready to go for another round after a hot bubble bath... have to have bubbles.. everything is better with bubbles, too.

I'm just glad to be awake for a few hours.  I received a few new patterns in the mail and Mark has got the new Kindle.  My particle physics book came - and it has been notated in by an interesting previous reader as well - I'm reading the notes as much as the book...  Esme has went to her grandma's and I am trying to keep enough energy to do something besides sleep in between large bowls of soup and tea.  I carried so much stuff up yesterday I felt like Leelu in the Fifth Element sans the whole chicken after her regeneration.  I do feel better than yesterday - but it is only in degrees.

No comments: