Monday, May 14, 2012

So this is Monday

Very busy (and tired) lately. I really don't remember where the last few days went - including Mother's Day, because I worked a 'split shift' that day and had a very tedious policy meeting at work. Maybe it will make some good changes.. probably not. But it made for a long day and a short night. Esme told me 'I don't want to have to miss you, I woke up from sleeping on the bed and you were lost, and the car was lost, I don't want you to be lost and miss you' or something very similar to that in the morning before I left. She still tells me not to get eaten by the brown bears when I am leaving and she thinks it will be dark when I return. She never got up from her nap during the time I was home later - except for a brief second she sat up in the bed and looked at me, and went back to sleep. My mom is sick in her bed with pneumonia in Minnesota and I was not able to get her on the phone... I don't know if it is bad or if she is just tired... she has had bronchitis all winter and has sounded the same for months on the phone.

We have a few visible beans in the garden, and green tomatoes, and a possible squash blossom. Several of the beans are climbing whatever they can find and need a fence. I have a pair of pants nearly made for Esme from this morning, and am working more on my knit blanket.

I do have to say that Esme is still bursting out all over the place. Before I went to work she was pointing out the window and told me that she needed a toy there. I kept asking what the 'toy' was, a bucket, a bottle .. she kept saying NO MAMA it is a toy. Then she said: 'A Tuh - WYE - OH - WYE, a TOY. Mama. It is like the TOY.' I followed her fingers and she was pointing to our hexagonal unfinished porch frame. It looks like the wheel gear toy in her toybox.. and I knew what she meant. But still. Wow. Mama had a hard time with that one, but she knew what she wanted to say. Daddy had a similar instance the other day when she was telling him about a bell that should not be wet, people don't like it. It was a small brass bell I have told her (3 months ago) she could not bring into the bathtub with her as a toy. She had not even mentioned she was thinking about a bath - just that people don't like bells to be wet No No No, they do not .. .they do not.' ((oh my)) I've been told a lot of other things, and asked questions - like why I left cat fabric on top of my sewing machine instead of it be pants this morning. That was a good question. And she got very mad I would not help her find her squinkie dolls (tiny things!) after she left them in her room somewhere.

work again tomorrow... lots to do... hope nana is alright in Minnesota.

No comments: