Friday, June 25, 2010

Hourglass Windmills


I'm working on Esme's quilt, but it isn't coming quickly. I didn't want to choose too hard of a pattern - so I sat down at the sewing machine and made a block that was easy... and it turned out to be this 'hourglass' pattern, set in fours so they look like pinwheels. These aren't the colors going with it exactly... but just a basic idea.

We went to the library sale in Camden today - but it was a terrible mess. There were way too many people in too small of a space, and hardly any of them looking what they were doing. It really was just too much, mothers screaming at children and people shoving and/or standing right in the middle of the walkway. Esme said she was scared and fell on the floor refusing to walk. Mark said he was done and went back to the car after less than five minutes. I did get Mark a set of scifi books that may or may not be any good, and a beautiful Static Mechanics book for me that was in the only area people were not flocking around - the science textbook section!

I have the weekend off and back on Monday to work.

NOTES: I got four quilter's magazines at a yard sale for a quarter each.. They are almost as old if not older than I am, and have some neat basic patterns in them to photocopy. On the cover of one magazine is a sampler quilt made with 49 different quilt blocks all the same size. Searching on that I found this website and was in love! I may actually have to try some of these little blocks soon -- after I stop letting Esme's quilt kick my tail and get it further along.

No comments: