Friday, April 09, 2010

weekend bits

Anticipating a long weekend. It's been a stressful few days at work - lots of customers and not enough help to go around, missed lunches and still never seemed to catch up etc etc... sometimes I guess that is the way it has to be. I made a commission for the first time in over a week yesterday - so I guess that is good. I needed to get some commission on the books - it was starting to look by the numbers like I wasn't doing anything at all (when it is definitely the opposite!)

Mark was very sweet last night. I had a splitting headache already by the time I got home - he made dinner and then put on a show for Esme while I took a bath. She fell asleep after that for a little while, so I could mope with my headache without feeling like I was ignoring her. It broke before bedtime (which it rarely does) and I was able to get a decent sleep. I did cut out two pairs of shorts for Esme during the time my clothes were in the dryer. Those might get sewn this weekend.

I still need to get fabric for Aidan's quilt. I made him a quilt when he was born but something happened to it this week and his mom was pretty upset, as it was one of his favorites and there were lots of doctor appointments this week in strange places etc... I am keeping them in my thoughts that his tests turned out okay and what they thought might be serious is going to work itself out.

Back to the trenches - I might surface Sunday, or sooner if things let up.

No comments: