Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hometown Remedies

I talked with someone at work about my worries for Esme - and got an idea. Mark and I are going to try to bring Esme to a babysitter's house tomorrow. Not that we need a babysitter, but more the environment of a babysitter - with several children there to interact with. The mother of one of my coworkers takes care of several worker's children during the day. They gave me her phone number, and I gave her a call.

I have tomorrow off and she has agreed to let us bring Esme over, have her meet the other kids (older, younger and nearly the same age) and see how she reacts. I'm not meaning to leave her there tomorrow for any length of time - just see her reaction. If we think it is a good match Esme might go over a few times a week just to learn about getting along with other kids etc etc...

Maybe a little peer pressure will help with her language as well -- although that really is a lot better than it was even last month. She tried to talk to my mom (Nana) on the phone tonight and told her she had 'little doggies' and that she had been looking at pictures etc.

No comments: