Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dreaming in Stormy Weather

I had the strangest feeling when I woke up early this morning. It was just after dawn - and I had been dreaming I was in a round swing chair that was sucking me in and I couldn't get out. I woke up like 'can't breathe' and the air around the house just 'felt strange.' It was exactly like being wrapped up in a sphere that was slowly pressing in on all sides.

For about a minute I sat up in bed wondering if I should get up and check the weather report. It felt like the air could break at any moment. Then there was a huge crack of lightning and the world did break - out into sheets of rain on all sides of the house. It rained heavily for quite a while, and that satisfied me enough to go back to sleep for a few hours. It is still raining and thundering and lightning...

Mark looked at our weather radar and it just showed little 'hot spots' of severe activity all around us. I'm wondering if there is a tangible weather phenomenon that caused that 'charged sphere' feeling or if it was just my sleepy brain overreacting to the sounds of the storm.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Type to look up the physics of lightning?

Chris said...

D'oh - TIME. TIME.

Anonymous said...

Either way, very cool. It might be though - I get migraines from weather pressure changes before I know they're happening.