Wednesday, January 09, 2008

KnitOwl toys stepping up


Aliens for 2008


I'm making what I hope will be a lasting committment to keep small toys in production for the shop. I've been lacking there in favor of our Ebay store and custom orders - and well, of course, Esme ;)

If I want the handmade toy shop to be successful, I need to be putting things up every day or every few days to draw people's eyes. For that, I need to be working on a small handmade baby toy, softie, bird pincushion or some other project at all times. Unlike the Ebay store where we need to buy inventory to host in our store - I can sit down with a few materials and make inventory for the Etsy store.

I emailed a lady who wanted me to send a batch of Alien Monster Dolls to her shop in England last year. I asked her if she is still interested, and we'll see if she gets back. I'm open to other suggestions for promotion as well. I wish I had more connections for knowing where to sell or promote!


I'm also a giddy mommy over some really simple things. I've been waiting for Esme to start grabbing things beside my hand. It's an important step towards her exploring the world around her. She has begun to wrap one of her hands around the little lamb toy Jeanne gave to her. She then squeals with delight and rubs her fingers back and forth in the fuzzy surface. I also took out the Baby Einstein blocks Susan sent back before Esme was born. She spent time staring at them on the bed yesterday and also making lots of noises when I would rattle one, or change what surface was facing her. Simple things, but I'm very happy about them :))

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're hungry! You need 4 slices of pizza!

http://vleeptronz.blogspot.com/2008/01/pizzaq-make-topless-box-with-greatest.html

Hi Esme!

Anonymous said...

Aw, giddy mommy stuff! So cute.

Crossing fingers for you with the lady in England and the shop!

thursday said...

Sounds like a lot of work - continually making softies! Good luck - I doubt I'd ever have the energy.

Jennifer said...

One of the coolest things is when your child discovers his/her hand. When it happened for both of my kids, I just enjoyed it so much. I still remember both moments.

Lynn said...

oh so cute sounds!

mrspao said...

Your alien softies are so brilliant - it was really hard to give them away! I keep on smiling at Happy Tooth - I have him in the bathroom and he cheers me up!