Thursday, February 22, 2024

fluffy angora scarf and bits

 

I haven't had much time to think or do much the past week - lots of work.  Changed up my game on the angora scarf as I thought I had much more of the cream but it is actually grey - and that is all of the green.  They are all the same kind of yarn, but it is quite old - 10 years or more, so it is time to try to use it up together.

The orange weaving is a bit further along than this, but the chair is currently occupied by cat, sweet cat, but still, occupied.

Reading 'Hotel Magnifique' by Emily Taylor, it has a lot of French words in it.

Today's tasks are laundry, dishes, maybe some baking and little things like sweeping, shaking out rugs and blankets etc.. There are two daffodils in the yard that could be moved - but it is also going to rain today.  I don't think that one bed of greens took with the frosts, so I need to study this weather moving in this week and see what is a good time to replant.

The school bus has started arriving a full twenty minutes earlier than usual - so I've brought the book a few times to read, as I drive up to the schoolbus stop, and after it comes - I drive straight to work, arriving too early to clockin, but at least I'm there.  The next working weekend will be here before I know it.  There is someone who still wants me to do a sewing project for them but last time I tried it was too difficult to turn under the needle the item was so small -- and then I gave up for a while and haven't turned the machine on since.

 

languages: French to Spanish, and French higher level grammar 

bits : I found another skein of the cream 'biscuit' color - it's Andes Alpaca from Yarn Bee brand.  I kept feeling there should be one more - but it was stored in an entirely different drawer than all the rest had been.



 

No comments: