Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Wool Lingerie


I made my own pattern using measurements.  Size 5 knitting needles and Palette wool knitting yarn.   Knit in two pieces and then used a size E crochet hook to do edging reinforcement on the front edges.  Now that I have the sizing down, I could knit the shoulder straps in one piece lengths (instead of two, as shown) and add a closure on the 'next one'.  It took a little more than half of a full ball of Palette.

Mark had dared me to knit wool lingerie, and we've been iced in since the storm, so I tried this.  If I had continued knitting down and around with a circular needle it would have been a very nice tank top.

Very warm wool, and it took maybe about three hours (for me) to knit  I had started it last night and finished sewing up the tails and edges this afternoon.


and I wasn't the only one who wanted to be warm....
He said I should post the picture because he wasn't worried about showing through it like I was ;)

No comments: