Monday, March 24, 2014

Miscellaney and thoughts

The rug Esme wanted for in front of her bed.. it is very small, but at least it is a use.

I made a skirt today, as well - and it was quite nice for cleaning up the house in.  I attacked some parts that had really needed scrubbing in the house, did laundry.. finished this rug and then when it was time to get Esme from the school bus the Kitty goat was missing.  We went out and looked all over the property, the neighbors.. down the road and to the lake.. and we did not find her.  Our small dog crew was missing, too.. which was actually a good sign, as they were likely with her and not leaving her alone out there.  I was a little short with Esme during the initial search - she had hit a girl on the bus as well.  I got some bad news on my student loan and I have to try for some more help there - applying for another program.  We'll see.  It was all looking like just more rain in our tea sort of thing so much I was just wondering what if anything we could do to help with it... not much, make dinner, bathe the little girl and wash her hair, get her ready for bed...  and the dogs brought the goat home to the doorstep six hours after we noticed her missing.  It feels good to have something come back right.  I told each of them they were good dogs, and Sweetie ran around the house upset because she was still wet and she hates to be wet.  The really weird thing I keep thinking is that for several days on a week now that goat has been trying to chew a blue plastic bag that is separated from her tie string by a window - she keeps trying, even though it is on the other side of the window (in the house).  She was doing that at about noon today, still... so one track mind and then suddenly we have no idea where she went *facepalm*...

Tomorrow off, too... hope it is on the good side.

Other things Esme blew me away with today:  'Meteorites are controlled by the Universe.'  ok.. do you know what meteorites are? 'They are big rocks, (that) go from planets and get on them (explosion sign).  yes, they are.. and where do they come from when they go on to the planets? (The universe place... it is BIG, and we are tiny.'  We were eating grilled cheese sandwiches while sitting in her empty kiddie pool in the yard (see above, we usually sit in the back of the truck for 'picnics' but Daddy was out searching the neighboring roads again for the goat) and I pointed to a tiny tiny crumb on my finger.  I said yes, we are smaller than this, and the Universe - the outer space between the planets, is bigger than the sky up there.  We don't even know how big it is, we haven't found out how big it is yet - it goes on and on and on..'  Esme looked up.. and really thought about it.  It was a nice expression to see.

She also told me today was a hard day (when I was telling her it was a hard day for us because of all the work we had done and all of the searching for the goat after that) for HER today - because she had lots of work tests, and C at school tried to copy from her, but their hearts were different numbers on the papers, so C couldn't copy, and she colored hers black because C only likes pink and she wouldn't copy that.  *Ha*

For me: I had a good dream the other night.  I always have this one recurring 'night mare', that there is a math class I am going to get an 'F' in because I can never find it to attend it, but I also can't cancel it.... and I can't even remember where to go or what time until it is always too late.  That night I dreamt the teacher went through my scores and even though they were all bad (and decreasing as they went to zeroes) she said if I brought her lunch from the cafeteria I could get the key to the workroom and do makeup tests as I could get there, over time, and catch up.  That was a simple, but good dream - except I couldn't find the cafeteria... still better than before.  Maybe I'll magically have a sandwich next time I get there ;)

No comments: