Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pancakes on birthday

It was Mark's birthday today and we celebrated 'in' with games and movies and a short trip to Grandma's house. The ice outside is over everything.

Mark cooked sausage and I backed up with pancakes, which are a special occasion thing I do from time to time.

 I always end up with the same recipe - although I keep having to go track it down and find three copies later hidden on the fridge etc etc...

Recipe for Pancakes

 1 1/2 cups flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
 1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp white sugar
3 tbsp melted butter

Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, mix Combine egg and vanilla and milk in second bowl, mix, add melted butter, mix again Mix all materials together. Using small amounts of coconut oil for each pancake spoon 1/2 cup quantities onto a semi-hot skillet (6/9 temperature) and flip as soon as edges are able to be slid under with spatula and small bubbles emerge in center of pancake. Make all pancakes, smother in maple syrup, and eat.

I go back to work tomorrow but right now the world is covered in strange ice.. .pretty but scary. I am thinking to go to the worktable and see if the sewing machine will function... I go to my sewing machine and find several of my paper patterns out of place with torn pieces carefully put back with them.  I remember Esme said last week she had saved my pattern from the dog - but it was there, and it was safe.  It didn't look damaged then.. and she did save it - careful taping and it is useable again.  I know a four footed creature was involved...  a week before that I found my bird shaped pincushion on the staircase where things end up chewed...and it was intact but the pins were probably a big surprise for that same four footed individual....


No comments: